October 26th - 27th 2019
@ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
For the most updated information go to:
RACE #7 – Mt Kato – All Team Finale
Saturday – Sunday. October 26-27, 2019
Mt KATO TRAIL MAP | VIEW ON GOOGLE
RACE DESCRIPTION: Race 7 Mt Kato is the one event every year where all student-athletes compete with each other. With up to 2000 racers, this year could be our largest race to date for the League. .And better yet, there are many spectator-friendly spots at Mt Kato to watch the races, and cheer the riders on.The course starts with a nice warm-up climb to the top of the ski area. Once on top, all racers make a large traverse along the back of the ski area. The course has a good balance of climbs, descents and technical sections with switchbacks. Approximate vertical gain per lap is 400 feet. Course distance is 4 miles.
All trails on MT Kato are closed to all riders for the weekend, The course is open to authorized MN League riders only during Pre-Ride and during specified races.
TRAIL ADDRESS: Mt. Kato Ski Resort, 20461 Hwy 1, Mankato, MN 56001
DIRECTIONS: Note Road Construction Update
Currently the best way to get to Mt Kato is via County Road 90
- Take U.S. Highway 169 South
- Take The First Left After Crossing the Blue Earth River.
Turn Left Onto Southbend Ave. (County Road 69) at the Le Hillier Quick Mart.
- Turn Left Again At Hemlock Road (County Road 33)
- Turn Left Again Onto Hawthord Road (County Road 90)
- Turn Left Onto Old Hwy 66 (County Road 1)
- Finally Turn Right At Mount Kato
Alternative Route Partially On Gravel
- Take Stoltzman Road South
- Take A Hard Right Onto Doc Jones Road (Parts Of Which Are Unpaved)
- Turn Right Onto Indian Lake Road At The Bottom Of The Hill
- Turn Left Onto Old Highway 66 (County Road 1)
- Finally Turn Left At Mount Kato
PARKING: Park in the main parking lot of Mt Kato- plenty of room! The public road along side the venue is a no-parking area (Highway is not posted). No vehicles allowed in the PitZone. Follow parking signs or the directions of parking volunteers.
2019 Special Event: Minnesota League Raffle
Thank you to Trek for their sponsorship and support!
- Tickets must be purchased at the Mt. Kato race venue during Race Weekend October 26, and 27th, 2019.
- Tickets are $20 bucks a piece.
- The purchaser must be 18 years of age.
- The prize drawing will be held on Sunday October 27th..
- You do not need to be present to win.
1st prize – Trek Fuel EX 9.8 – $5499.99
2nd prize – Bontrager Blaze WavCel helmet – $299.99
3rd prize – Bontrager Ion Elite R/Flare R City lightset – $134.99
Note: Prize fulfillment is subject to size and color availability at the time of drawing. Every attempt will be made to honor winner preferences.
Proceeds will directly benefit the MN High School Cycling League.
Online volunteer registration closes at 7PM the evening before a race. To volunteer on the day of a race, stop by the Volunteer tent beside the Registration Trailer.
RACE DAY SUPPORT
(TBD) will be available (dates) to provide last minute adjustments and repairs.
ONLINE REGISTRATION DEADLINE For RACE #7:
Tuesday 10/22/19 at 11:59PM. Pit Zone closes for online race registration for Race #1. A late fee will apply to all onsite registration.
NEED A RACE FLYER?
Flyers are not available at the race. Print this page. The Best Print Layout? Portrait Style with narrow margins.
“BEFORE” RACE-DAY UPDATES
Any changes will be announced on the MN High School League Facebook Page
RACE DAY UPDATES VIA TEXT
Subscribe to Rained Out App for Race Day Updates
Text MNMTBLEAGUE to 84483 to sign up.
WHICH TEAMS ARE RACING?
See which teams will be racing at each race. Team Bye-Weeks Chart
RACE DAY KIOSK:
Questions once you get to the race? Stop by our Race Day Information Kiosk for the latest on race day schedules, updates and results. Located near the Registration Trailer.
RACE DAY PREPARATION
RACE READY CHECKLIST:
In order to race, each racer needs to be Race Ready in the Pit Zone.
- Pit Zone information entered (once per season)
- Release forms completed electronically in the Pit Zone
- MN League Fee Paid
- SuperPass purchased by Aug 15 or Individual Race Fee paid.
Each racer is expected to know their category and wave for their race. This information will help them go to the correct staging location prior to their race.
Racers can ask their coaches or view the Wave Reference list available near the Registration Trailer on race day for this information. If a racer misses their call-up to the staging area, they will have to stage at the back of their wave or at the back of the next wave.
BEFORE RACE WEEKEND:
Coach on Duty : The acting COD for your team is expected to be onsite at the venue and available without delay to be contacted by race officials from pre-ride, during the races and until the race results are finalized. View the Current Roster. Use the online update Form or Report Coach on Duty Updates to the Referee at the SHIMANO tent.
RACE DAY REMINDERS:
- Set up your team tents in your pre-assigned tent space – (See Facebook Page Friday night or view map near the reg trailer).
- Report Last Minute Coach on Duty Updates for this race to the Referee at the SHIMANO tent.
- Race Day Saturday, TBD – Mandatory Coaches Meeting near Registration Trailer
- Race Day Sunday, TBD – Mandatory Coaches Meeting near Registration Trailer
- Final lap count decision per category will be announced at the start of each race. Lap Count may change due to weather conditions.
- Report riders who are not racing as “Did Not Start/DNS” to the Referee at the SHIMANO Tent before or during their race.
- Report riders who did not finish the race as “Did Not Finish/DNF” to the Referee at the SHIMANO Tent during or after the race.
- Coaches have a short window to register a protest once the preliminary results of each race are posted. Race results will be final once all protests are completed. No protests are accepted after the race day.
To volunteer on the day of a race, stop by the Volunteer tent beside the Registration Trailer.
NEW TO THE MN LEAGUE?
Check out our MN League Race FAQs regarding race site, racer info, spectator info, and terminology
– Drones are prohibited at all Minnesota High School Cycling League Events
– A Concession stand will be on site.
– No gasoline generators inside the team pit area, and no open fires.
– No dogs off-leash.
– Be considerate of our venue and use the trash receptacles.
- Preliminary Race Results will be posted at the Race Information Kiosk near the Registration Trailer approximately 30 minutes after the last rider has completed the race. Once the announcement is made that results are posted, this is the start of a short Protest Period, where COACHES may contest the results with the MN League Referee. No protests are accepted after the race day.
- Race results will be final once all protests are completed.
- Final Race Results will be posted to the MN League website (usually by end of day Tuesday following a race).
Regarding ITS YOUR RACE Results: Preliminary timing results only; Penalties/scoring rules may not be reflected; Info changes during the race: Internet status affects the info availability.
ONLINE REGISTRATION DEADLINE For RACE #7:
Tuesday 10/22/19 at Midnight
At this date and time, online registration in the Pit Zone will close for online race registration.
REGISTER ON RACE WEEKEND:
The registration trailer will be open to process race fees and accept waiver submissions. All onsite registration includes a $10 late fee.
- Saturday from 9:00AM – 4:00PM
- Sunday from 7:00am – 1:00pm
- All racers must register at least one hour prior to their race start time.
- Waivers with parental signature can be submitted.
- Cash, Credit Cards or Checks made payable to “MN League” are accepted.
2019 Race Fees
MN League Registration Fee
– $100 Paid Once per Season Online
MN Race Fee, Per Race
– $50 Paid Online by Midnight Tuesday prior to race
– $60 Paid Onsite (Includes $10 Late Fee)
All registered racers receive a permanent number plate from their coach with a pre-installed chip on the back at the beginning of the season. For those who were registered in the correct division and category before August 1, the rider’s name may be printed on their initial plate.
- Each racer will use the same number plate for the entire season.
- For each race, secure the number plate to the front handle bars of the bike for pre-ride and for the race.
- Attach a matching number plate to the back of a rider’s jersey, just above the waist.
- Remove and protect the number plates after each race, taking care not to damage the chip. Do not leave the number plate on a car’s bike-rack.
- Replacement number plates are available at Registration for $35 (you must allow 1 hour prior to a race to replace a plate/chip).
- If you don’t receive a number plate from your coach, a Wave Reference will be available in front of the Registration Trailer.
Questions on how to REGISTER for a RACE?
- New Rider registration occurs online in the Pit Zone, rather than in person at the race. Once registration for the MN League is complete (Waivers, Emergency Contacts, Insurance Info, etc).
- There is also fee for each race. Register online in the Pit Zone before Midnight on the Tuesday of Race week, or Pay the race fee onsite at the registration trailer including a late fee. Riders who bought the SuperPass before August 15, 2019, have already paid for all races.
- To access Pitzone, every rider needs to be invited to register in the Pit Zone online.
– Contact your Team Director or Head Coach to be invited.
– Independent riders request an invite to Pitzone via email.
WHO CAN PRE-RIDE?
- Only riders who have registered and have race numbers displayed on their bikes.
- Registered Coaches with Coach Plates (Provided by the Head Coach)
We recommend that all racers pre-ride the course.
Riders should pass any workers on the course with great care.
RACE WEEKEND SCHEDULE
5;15PM – Last Rider on the Course
Saturday Non-Race Activities
8:45AM – Last rider on course
9:30AM – Pre-ride is closed
Saturday Racing – Middle School (1 lap) & Freshman (2 laps)
Awards following the Final Saturday Race –
- Middle School Individual,
- Middle School Team,
- Freshman individual
Sunday – Non-Race Activities
8:00 AM – Pre-ride opens
8:15 AM – Last Pre-ride rider is allowed on the course
9:00 AM – Pre-ride closes
Sunday Racing – JV2, JV3, Varsity
(Lap counts below may be changed to fit the category time window)
11:15 AM – Boys JV3 Staging
1:45 PM – Boys Varsity Staging
Awards following the Final Sunday Race
- JV2, JV3, Varsity Individual,
- HS Team